Established Provider of Granite Countertops in Shawnee
Canaan Stone Works is a leading provider of premium granite countertops in Overland Park and the surrounding area. If you’re looking for granite countertops near you that are beautifully crafted to create a stunning accent in your kitchen, we’re here to help.
What we Offer
When you use Canaan Stone Works for your granite kitchen countertops, you’ll be working with a company that already has a formidable reputation for quality and value in the local area. Our seasoned stonemasons provide a custom solution for every kitchen: no matter what dimensions you need for a counter, we will ensure that you receive a slab that’s cut to the exact measurements required.
In addition to customizing granite worktops, we can also install them correctly, ensuring exceptional results.
Why use us for Your Granite Countertop Project?
Complete Project Management Service
We offer a total project management service that covers every aspect of your granite countertop selection, customization, and installation. Our process includes:
- A comprehensive assessment of your countertop requirements.
- An exact measurement of your kitchen, to ensure the countertop fits perfectly.
- Careful choice of a suitable granite slab from our high-grade selection.
- Expert cutting using specialist equipment, resulting in a countertop that’s an exact fit for your kitchen, and finished in line with your requirements.
- Installation of your countertop.
- On-going advice on maintenance, if required.
Canaan Stone Works is passionate about providing every customer with exceptional service and countertop installations that are truly stunning. We take pride in managing projects for quartz countertops in Overland Park and would love an opportunity to help you with yours today.
Skilled Stone Masons
At Canaan Stone Works, the team consists of time-served, fully qualified, and experienced professional stonemasons. Our specialty is working with stone, which means we have the tools and skills to deliver top-quality results every time.
We know that granite countertops are a significant investment to make, which is why it’s vital that you end up with an installation that’s as close to flawless as possible. As stonemasons who are passionate about fitting amazing countertops in kitchens of all shapes and sizes, we are dedicated to delivering the very best stonework for your interior.
Great Selection of Granite
Looking for countertop installers near you that are committed to providing beautiful, granite kitchen countertop solutions? We appreciate the beauty of natural granite, which is why we select our granite with care. We aim to provide customers with granite that’s an exact match for their preferred color and texture.
As you would expect from a natural substance, every slab of granite is unique. We match customers and stones carefully, doing our utmost to ensure you’re 100% satisfied with your choice of stone.
Why Choose Granite for Your Kitchen Countertops?
There are several key advantages that granite can bring to your kitchen. Some of the benefits of opting for granite countertops include:
- All granite looks stunning. For sheer depth of color, and natural variation, granite is hard to beat. No two pieces of granite are the same, meaning that your countertops will be unique to your property.
- Granite has exceptional longevity. Once installed, a granite countertop will last as long as your property, probably longer!
- Immune to scratches and chips, granite is also resistant to deterioration from sunlight. Correctly maintained, it will look as good in fifty years as it did the day it was installed!
- Granite is a natural product. A granite countertop is a piece of nature, beautifully showcased in your kitchen’s interior.
Granite Countertop Maintenance
Canaan Stone Works provide custom countertops Kansas City customers can be proud of. We want your countertops to last as long as possible, and to keep looking amazing for many years to come. To ensure your countertop stays in peak condition, we recommend the following:
- When it comes to the sealant, follow the manufacturer’s instructions. Depending on the sealant used on your countertop (if you use one), you may need to reapply it periodically. Remember that a sealant doesn’t block the entry of moisture completely – you still need to mop up spills promptly to avoid staining.
- For day-to-day cleanings, such as removing crumbs or dust, use a dry microfiber cloth.
Avoid getting your countertop wet. If it does become splashed, mop promptly with a dry cloth.
- Do not chop foodstuffs on the countertop – use an appropriate chopping board.
In most circumstances, any wet cleaning that’s needed can be done with ordinary dish detergent and a damp cloth.
- Remember to dry the countertop after moistening.
- Avoid using bleach or ammonia-based cleaning agents on your granite countertops.
Granite Countertop FAQs
Read on to discover some of the top questions our customers are asking.
What is granite?
Granite is a naturally occurring, igneous rock. It is formed from cooling magma that solidifies from the molten rock which contains significant amounts of quartz silica. Found in pockets across the globe, granite is well-known for its beauty and exceptional durability.
Does my granite countertop need to be sealed?
In most cases yes, but not always! Some types of granite are more permeable than others. If you have a more permeable granite countertop, then it will usually require a sealant. We are happy to test your worktop before installation and apply a suitable sealant if required.
Does sealant need to be reapplied each year?
Not always! Some sealants are formulated to provide a one-off coating that can last for many years. Other sealants require periodic reapplication to keep your granite looking amazing, and protecting it from staining.
Do you offer repairs to granite countertops?
Yes! Although damage to granite countertops is unusual (granite is, after all, incredibly tough), a chip can be sustained, or discoloration may happen. Canaan Stone Works can offer appropriate advice and/or remedial care for all your granite countertop maintenance and repair concerns.